"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Marching Band

It's football season!  Or more accurately spoken in our house...it's marching band season!

Our highschool had its first home game on the new football field last weekend.  All last season, the team had to borrow the field of another school for home games because our field was being redone.  And a lot of the school was getting remodeled.  So, first game on the new field!  It was a big deal, needless to say.  Very fun to watch.  Louisville Lions are in purple and gold.


 
 
 
But the highlight of the evening for this Mama was halftime!  Bring on the marching band!

 
Jr. High band (which is the one Bud plays in) got to join the Highschool band for this big event.  They played America the Beautiful.
 
 
 
 

Can you spot Bud?  Here, let me point him out for you...
 
 
Best darn trumpeter I ever did hear!
 
 
A very favorite scrapbook sticker I have says this:
 
                     "Hey!  What's the football team doing on the band field?"             LOVE IT!
 
By the way, the team did great.  We won the game although I don't remember the score.  I know.  How sad.  I took the two little ones home just into the third quarter.  Does that get me a pardon for not knowing the final score?  I really do enjoy watching football and am looking forward to the Homecoming game.  The Jr High band plays again! 

 
 


2 comments:

  1. What impresses me is how high he has his bell. He's got a trumpet, and he's not afraid to blow it. Now that's a good trumpeter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I always think the same thing when I see pics of him playing. It's a gift, I tell you. And we have to work at getting him to practice right now. He's just not wanting to do it. But Hubs and I are NOT going to let him waste this talent. No way!!

      Delete