"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Easy After School Snack

I find I always have apples and peanut butter on hand.  And almost always I have flour tortillas (either homemade or store bought) and bananas.  Combine these and you have an easy treat that can't be beat!


"Mmm!  These are my favorite!"


Apple Banana Roll Ups

1. Chop up some apple.  I used my peeler/corer/slicer to make it easier.
2. Mash up a banana.
3. Mix banana with some peanut butter.
4. Spread mixture on a tortilla
5. Sprinkle with chopped apples.
6. Roll up and devour.

That's it!  Sorry if you are one who needs amounts.  I just eyeball it depending on how many I'm making and what ratios the kids like (more or less PB for example).  If it helps, I used 1 small apple to make 3 roll ups today.  It won't be enough for the Boyos I promise you that!  These are just as good without banana and a little sprinkle of cinnamon on top of the apple before rolling up.

Hope your kiddos enjoy them as much as mine do!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment