Today's project was inspired by this:
The bookshelf in JoJo and Mouse's room was in need of a little, um, straightening. Seems no matter how we try to organize it, it always looks like this in a matter of days. I thought about the beauty of baskets and wondered if that would help. Then I thought about how much moolah I've already spent this month and decided I needed to get creative. I searched through my own cardboard boxes and decided on a granola bar box.

I taped the ends back together, cut off the top and the cut out a piece from the front. Then I searched through my papers so I could cover it. I pulled out my pack of superhero paper, knowing it would be loved by the boyos!
Here's the finished product. Now to get it into their room.

I think it's cute! And the boys will think it's cool. Here are the shelves after I resorted everything. More boxes/baskets are needed and more sorting needs to be done (do we still need "Goodnight Little Rabbit?") but this is a start. They can pull out a box/basket and when they are done the whole thing goes back on the shelf. I just hope they remember to put the books in it...

What have you been crafting?



Huge improvement. I had no idea that Superhero Paper even existed. YOU are a genius.
ReplyDeleteI've made some table runners and table mats (same thing as runner but a smaller square). I've been sewing quilt tops together for the ladies to make relief quilts this winter.
As you know, Kristi, I am not capable with a sewing machine. BUT! I've seen so many cute things that can be made with a simple straight stitch that I'm now starting to think about getting a simple to use, small sewing machine. I love the idea of making table runners.
DeleteAnd I know your quilts are beautiful! Love to see some pics.
Have a wonderful weekend!