In small ways like homemade cinnamon rolls to share with others, and watching them enjoy!
In secret ways like praying for a loved one who might be lonely.
Our Valentine's Day this year saw a few decorations around the house. Vases filled with conversation hearts and tealight candles on top, a beautiful pink cyclamen in the window, paper doilies on the table to create a last minute runner, the good china at suppertime.
Who knows if any of this meant anything to the boys. But I've started something. Something I hope will continue. A simple observance of love. Love that was first shown to us and that we can graciously show to others.
*******************************************
And here is Mouse's Valentine monster he made for school to hold his valentines. Do you remember making these boxes and bags? I sure do. It was Mouse's idea to make the teeth out of hearts. We glued them to the inside of the box lid. Cute huh? We shared a lot of love working on this box together!
Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Great job Jenny! Valentine's day can be a very "girly" and shallow holiday but it doesn't have to be. I see it a big fat reminder to teach about love...real love and how to show it. Boys need those lessons to, very much.
ReplyDeleteYes, they do. And I'm learning that I am more important in the raising of my boys than I realized. That sounds bad but I mean it like this. I don't teach them how to be men or fathers. THat is Jon's job. But I do model them what a godly woman looks like. I do teach them about what is important to women and how women like to be treated. At least I hope I do. I try to.
DeleteThanks for the pat on the back!
I love the fact that you brought out the good china dishes. They're meant to be used for special occasions and for special people. Who better to show that they're special than your family? I love the sparkling beverage in the glasses, too.
ReplyDelete