"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Craft room update
Hi! Got your coffee? I've got mine. Let's chat about my room, hmm?
I'm making progress! I love being able to say that. "Progress is being made." "Things are progressing nicely." They all sound good. I can see my tables again. Woo hoo! The floor now, that's another story...
Here's what I did. I grabbed 3 laundry baskets from the basement and, in my queenly fashion, dubbed them:
1. "You don't belong here" = item belongs in another room of the house
2. "You do belong here" = item stays in my room
3. "You are leaving my house, one way or another." = it's being donated to Goodwill or given to a friend or thrown out!
Then I started pulling everything off the tables and shelves. EVERYTHING went into one of those 3 baskets. I really enjoyed tossing things into the baskets. I really did! Especially the two on the ends (you don't belong here and you are leaving my house). I didn't have to think about where the item did belong or what it's fate would be, I just tossed it. Decisions to be made later. Love that! The basket that was the fullest was the You Do Belong Here basket. In fact, it was spilling out onto the floor. And most of it is still there! Yep, I've got my work cut out for me.
Once my tables were cleaned, I started moving things back in. I thought a lot about how I like to work, what I want the room to look like. I don't spend that much time thinking about myself and how I like to do things. So I pushed myself to do that and was able to make some decisions about how to store and display my supplies. As I went along I realized some more storage type things would be needed. A power cord for my Cricut, heat tool, glue gun, light and other possible crafting necesseties. A tension rod for storing ribbons on. I'm going to try using it vertically by threading the ribbon spools on and installing it between the shelves. Not sure it'll work but I'll give it a try. Another 12x12 set of drawers for storing papers and page protectors.
I have more decisions to make today and I better get to it. I'll try to get new pics up, too, once there is something good to share. But first on my list is to empty at least one basket. I started laundry earlier and I only have one basket to work with right now. Yikes!
Labels:
crafts,
learning,
organizing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

There's something refreshing about taking a full container and dumping it. I'm getting rid of stuff that I don't need. I'm making space for the things that are important to me and that bring me joy.
ReplyDeleteYou go, girl!
Doesn't it feel so good to tackle something that has been on your mind? Can't wait to see pics when you are ready to share! Angie xo
ReplyDelete