"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Golden Glow Pork Chops

This recipe is one I used to make quite a bit, but it got forgotten!  Sad, too, because it's a crock pot recipe and it's tastey.  Happy, though, because it has been found and now I can share it with you!  I can't give credit where credit is due because I don't remember where it came from.  Possibly an old, old cookbook I picked up in a thrift store because it said something like "101 slowcooker recipes to enjoy".  So, enjoy!

Golden Glow Pork Chops

5-6 chops, any cut will do
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
8 oz. tomato sauce
29 oz. peach slices or halves (a smaller can will do, too), juice reserved
1/4 Cup vinegar
salt and pepper

Lightly brown the chops after having salted and peppered them to your taste.  I added a bit of garlic powder too.  Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, tomato sauce, 1/4 cup of the peach juice, and vinegar.  Arrange chops in crock pot.  Place drained peaches on top.  Pour tomato mixture over all.  Cook on low 4 to 6 hours.

I'm serving these tonight with rice, asparagus, and cold peaches (because not everyone likes warm fruit).  And probably carrot sticks because JoJo and Mouse don't eat asparagus.  Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment