I was visiting with a friend and her two teenage daughters last night and we got on the subject of old toys. It started with the REALLY old toys, like what the pioneers played with. Yarn dolls, corn husk dolls, different versions of ring toss, things like that. Then the conversation made its way to our own old toys; things my friend and I played with as kids.
And we remembered the Chinese Jump Rope!
![]() |
| Chinese Jump Rope |
Do you remember playing with a Chinese jump rope?! Oh my goodness, we LOVED it!
"In, Out, Side by side, On, In, Out!"
My friend and I jumped up at the same time shouting the chant. Then of course we had to pull out our invisible Chinese jump rope and start demonstrating for her girls. No, they did not find it weird at all. What a relief, huh? They actually thought it was pretty cool and they wished they had one! Well, that sent my friend out to the garage to start searching because she knew she had one somewhere. Alas, to my dismay, she did not find it.
But oh what fun it was! Such good exercise, too. I think I'll buy one and teach my Boyos. Fat Brain Toys sells them; follow the link with the picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment