"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Friday, June 29, 2012

A Conversation


"But I can't forgive," you say.  "The hurt is too real, too strong.

How can I forgive when the hurt is still there?"

If I forgive, am I not condoing the misdeed?  Am I not saying, what you chose was right?  When in reality, the choice was painful for me and for others?"

If I forgive, I feel walked on once again.  Taken for granted once again.  Less important than everything else."

If I forgive, I make myself vulnerable to being hurt again.  I lose this stone wall being built around my heart.  I lose the coldness in my soul."



My dear, dear friend.  You have just hit upon the very benefits of forgiving.  The stones begin to crumble.  The cold is replaced by the warmth of love.  Forgiving is seldom easy.  Welcome to living a life with Christ, who forgives you so that you may forgive others.



No comments:

Post a Comment