COFFEE!
Isn't that red bag so very cool? I just love it. And inside said red bag are coffee beans, ready for the grinding. And we thought it would be delicious.
Not so much. It was weak and tasteless. Poor Hubby felt so bad. But what was he to do about it? Wasn't his fault. We even gave the beans another chance by making a fresh pot using more coffee. Hm. Still not good. We wondered if the beans were just too old. He said he would use the beans just to finish them up.
"Why?!?", says I. Life is too short to drink bad coffee! Am I right or am I right?
So I made the Queenly decision I am so apt to do...and threw those bad beans away.
But kept the red burlap bag.
Now the Africafe is another story. Can you see that it is "instant" coffee? This is the stuff Hubs drank every morning at breakfast and again at tea time while he was in Africa. He enjoyed it, so I looked forward to trying it. And it is pretty good! It's a very fine, powdery coffee. Not granular at all, like the instant coffees we are used to here in the states. And it doesn't necessarily taste like your regular cup o' Joe. But it has a certain richness and uniqueness to its flavor that makes it fun to sip while pretending you are enjoying the sights of the Serenghetti on an African morning.
So we'll save the Africafe to share with special guests.
Please! Stop by. I'll make you a cup.
No comments:
Post a Comment