I mustered up some of my old creativity with JoJo's help the other day. We filled out a summer Bingo sheet together. Here is what we came up with:
You'll notice some of the activities are repeated. Some of them are more educational than others. Some are just plain silly. Like the first one the two little guys chose to do: "read for 15 minutes in a weird place."
Here is where JoJo ended up. I thought he was headed UNDER the table. Silly me.
Mouse liked the idea of the tub. Wash your hair while you're in there!
I don't have any specific goals in mind. Summer bingo is just something for the boys to turn to when they're bored. And when they get a "bingo" I'll let them pick something from their own prize box. Of course, those prize boxes don't exist yet. But at the rate JoJo is going, I better get his filled first! I'm thinking stuff from the dollar store: silly string, squirt guns, gum, whoopie cushion (!). Maybe some fun certificates like a trip to the ice cream shop in town, lunch with dad at Subway, a picnic in the yard, a trip to the pool.
I wonder what else we might come up with to fill our summer...
Summer Bingo! What a great idea, my friend. I'm bookmarking this one for permanent keeps. Thanks for sharing it!
ReplyDeleteOh, you are welcome. I'd love to see what you come up with for Joanna!! So many fun possibilities...
DeleteI love this idea! Might try something like this for Hannah, Rachel & Tabitha(?) maybe.
ReplyDeleteGo for it! The boys have been enjoying it - especially once I got the prize basket filled.
Delete