"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien
Monday, December 10, 2012
So I'm dinking around on Pinterest early this morning and I come across a recipe for homemade Vick's-type shower disks. Sounded interesting so I followed the link to the original website. I'm intrigued by the blog I find as the blogger writes about many things I'm interested in...food, gardening, healthy eating and frugal living.
In one post I read, her choice of words was colorful, not off-color, but colorful. And, I admit, it made me giggle because I had been in the situation she described and I related to it very well. A reader replied that she would try the shared recipe but the vulgar language turned her off. Fair enough. We all know that a blog belongs to the blogger. Ideas, thoughts, feelings are shared in whatever way the blogger desires. "Reader Beware", right? And, taking that a little further, bloggers need to be ready to receive comments that they may not want.
That being said, here's what disappointed me. The blogger's reply to the polite, albeit critical comment, included another colorful word. Um, why?! I think the reason is apparent; the blogger does not care what the reader thinks about the language used. But what was the point of using another offensive word in the reply? I just don't understand. I find myself feeling sorry for the blogger. And very saddened by the disrespect among adults.
Labels:
ignorance,
random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's a shame Jenny! There is such a thing as free speech and if you don't like the post, you can choose not to read and move on...just like a tv show! Human interaction is always so interesting, isn't it? Angie xo
ReplyDeleteVulgar, "colorful" language is beneath the intellect of the human.
ReplyDelete