School was cancelled one day just before Christmas. The boys ran out of ways to occupy themselves so I stepped in to help. I had been stashing cans, cartons and boxes for a while for just such an occasion and it was time to pull them out. I threw them out of the cupboard right to the middle of the floor which they got a kick out of. "What is mom DOING?!" After adding some essential supplies like masking tape, packing tape, scissors, wrapping paper and markers their imaginations took off.
Bud's imagination exercises took place on the computer. He loves Spore, which allows him to create creatures, planets, universes, communities and the like. We have to be careful, though. He can get lost in Spore land for hours!
Games and movie days are other favorite ways for us to spend snow days. What are some of yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment