"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Feels like Monday



It's Wednesday.  I have to keep reminding myself of that.  It's Wednesday!

The boyos went back to school this morning.  I'm sitting in a very silent house.  The wind is rattling the old window next to me.  That's about all I hear, except for the clicking of the computer keys.  Strange.  I keep waiting for one of the boys to walk in and ask if he can have a snack.  It's about time for that.  Wonder if they are feeling hungry?



I had plans for today.  I planned to spend it in My Room.  I have a new file cabinet I need to organize and a new set of drawers for my 12x12 papers (love!) that needs to be filled.  I want to write.  I want to stamp.  I want to play with my Cricut.  But there are fresh ears of corn, blueberries, and peaches in the kitchen that are calling my name.  Rather loudly, too.  I really can't put off their prep much longer.  So I guess I'll pick some fun music and get to boogieing/boogying/boogiing/boogie-ing (how do you spell that non-existant word?!) in the kitchen for a couple of hours. 

It's still early.  My papers will be here later.  I just hate putting off "Me" time, you know?



Read something interesting this morning.  The source intends it for "out in the world" office-type workers, but I can apply it to my life.  How 'bout you?

"Avoid tasks that don't excite you or you will be more vulnerable to digital distractions and unmindfulness.  Delegate or outsource the necessary but uninteresting parts of your job."

Delegate, delegate, delegate.  That says to me CHORE CHART!  Tomorrow I'll share the bits and pieces that have worked for me over the past year.  I dont' think I've done that yet.

Outsource = take it to the cleaners!  Hubs is picky about his "uniform" so we use the dry cleaners.  Saves me headache and LOTS of ironing.  Which I hate.

How do you delegate and outsource?





No comments:

Post a Comment