"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Monday, August 6, 2012

Baked Chicken Tenders

Came up with a yummy, and simple, recipe and thought I'd share it.  I had pinned a chicken tender recipe that I went to tonight originally, but I did not have everything it called for, nor did I like the original idea.  So I changed it.  Yes I did!   I liked the end result.  And so did the family. 


Baked Chicken Tenders
·         2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
·         1/4 cup grated Parmesan
·         1 teaspoon Italian herbs
·         1 teaspoon paprika
·         1/2 teaspoon salt
·         2 Tbsp yogurt
·         1 egg
·         1-2 Tbsp water
·         10-14 chicken tenders

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with olive-oil cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, Italian herbs, paprika, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat egg.  Add yogurt and mix well, adding water a bit at a time as needed just so it’s not too thick.
2. Dip each chicken tender in egg/yogurt mixture.  Dredge in Parmesan mixture, patting to coat thoroughly. Place on prepared pan.
3. Spray chicken tenders with olive-oil cooking spray, coating both sides. Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until tenders are golden brown and cooked through.


You might need to mix up more of the breading.  I needed just a bit more to finish up the last 2 or 3 tenders.  Use your own good judgement.  And clean up is a snap because of the foil lined pan!  Genius!

Enjoy...


2 comments:

  1. Baked chicken tenders are the best! So much better than the greasy fried ones! Great recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Now I just have to convince my 7 year old of that - he still prefers the restaurant variety.

      Thanks for stopping by...I love your blog and get SO many goodies from you!

      Delete