"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Friday, July 27, 2012

French Press Friday

The Perfect Porch


Although it hasn't been French Press coffee, I've been having my morning coffee on this front porch for the past week.  This is my parents's summer home in Ohio.  It may not be the most beautiful porch, but it is by far my most favorite porch!  I suppose that could make it the most beautiful, couldn't it? 

Some beautiful reasons:

JoJo reading in the air chair.  Every home should have an air chair somewhere.  They are wonderful!

 
Mouse on the porch swing.  What's a porch without a swing?!  (This pic makes his legs look longer than they are.  Wierd isn't it?)


The boyos playin' with old toyos.  I have fond memories of those Fisher Price playthings...


 More stories of summer vacation to come....

"What's the deal?  It's an island!"
"Mainland rules don't apply"
              and
"Memoirs of an Island Girl"

4 comments:

  1. Look so nice!!! I hope you are enjoying your time with family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! We always have a wonderful time here. Usually we have a crew but this time it's just my folks, my two boys and me. Lots of quality time. Thanks, Emily.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is a beautiful porch. It looks so peaceful and inviting. Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that your parents porch is amazing! And the air chair and the swing...love it!
    How lucky you are to have a wonderful place to visit and enjoy! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete