"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Importance of Imagination

Not too long ago I read that a loss of creativity begins in grade school and increases through adulthood.  This concerned me.  Even more so were the percentages.  A child under the age of 5 tests at 90% for originality.  By age 7 it has already dropped as low as 20%!  And by adulthood...are you ready for this?  By adulthood, our originality gets a score of 2%!   Wow!  That is sad.  Maybe that's why when I ran barefoot through the grass last night to watch the setting sun with JoJo and Mouse, I felt like I was a kid again.  All I did was run barefoot through the grass!  But that was something I did all the time as a kid.  Wouldn't think of doing it as an adult.  Except for the fact that my little guy asked me to go see the setting sun.  Which was gorgeous by the way.

Well, this post was not intended to get philosophical.  Just wanted to share some of the measly 20% creativity my boyos have.

Allow me to introduce you to two new superheroes in our neighborhood,

 Justice Man and Swamp Boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment