"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Friday, April 20, 2012

French Press Friday

DAY DREAMING

I'm sitting here with my hands wrapped around my hot mug of coffee.  Mmmm, it's especially delicious today.  And I feel rushed and ill prepared for the day.  It's my procrastination.  I have some specific ideas for my Friday postings, good ones, too...I hope.  But I can't write about any of them today because they need photo accompaniments.  And I have not done the photos yet.  And I don't have time right now.  And I cannot seem to figure out HOW TO GET THE PICTURES FROM MY PHOTO CARD ONTO MY LAPTOP!!  That frustrates me a bit, can you tell?  (Any advice?)

So today, let's daydream. 

I'm on the front porch of the island house my parents have in Ohio.  The home is a victorian one with many, many rooms that the grandkids love to run through.  It sits on Lake Shore Drive, two houses down from the hustle and bustle of "downtown".  The porch faces Lake Erie and is a favorite place for the adults.  We can watch the kids play ball in the yard, swing on the tire hung from the tree, and tumble in and out of the hammock.  I prefer to sit on the porch swing or in the air chair.  I like the gentle swaying motion both offer.  It matches the rthym of the lake water.  I sip my coffee and inhale deeply the scent of the island.  Fishy lake water, fresh mown grass, boat exhaust, coffee.  I listen to the sounds of my children, the visitors walking by, the breeze in the trees.  I close my eyes and can't help but smile.  This is contentment.  This is what heaven will be like.

Where do you go in your daydreams?

5 comments:

  1. When I daydream I usually end up on the North Shore of Lake Superior!

    As for the photos, you can get a little gadget that is about the size of a flash drive, it plugs into your usb port and then you slip your memory card in to be read. I have one made by Zeikos and I think I got it for a few bucks on Amazon...USB memory card reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I need!!! Thank you, Dakotapam!!

      Delete
    2. Forgot to comment on the North Shore of Superior. Beautiful choice! My hubby was born in Duluth, MN. He was up there often as a child, visiting grandparents. Great memories of it and that awe inspiring, menancing lake.

      Delete
  2. This is so nice and calming! I needed that this afternoon. And I go to Lake Michigan in my daydreams :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, Lake Michigan is nice too. Chicago is so fun...camping at the Indiana Dunes...and I hear MI is nice. :)

      Delete