"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Sunday, March 4, 2012

What I did today...


I took a nap.  It is one of my very favorite things to do on a Sunday afternoon.  I curl up on the tiny couch with a blanket pulled up around my ears and I doze off.  Doesn't matter if the TV is on, or if the boys are playing.  In fact, somehow, that makes it better.  I know my loved ones are near and safe and off I go, into dreamland. Here are some more naps.


The "I'm exhausted and I can't go on" nap.

The "searching for the right position" nap.
The "I have to pull over NOW!" nap.
The "I'm so comfy, I don't care how I look" nap.
The "I feel safe" nap.

4 comments:

  1. mmmmmm....this post makes me tired! And why do I not feel tired until that half hour before THEIR naps are over?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ALWAYS fell asleep while reading a book to Bud when he was little and going down for a nap. In fact it got to the point that I'd fall asleep and he'd stay awake, playing quietly next to me so as not to wake me.

      Delete
  2. We Americans need to put the siesta hour back into our schedules. Who's with me?

    ReplyDelete