"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Monday, March 19, 2012

True Love

This morning, after the boyos left for school, I went upstairs to change.  I got waylaid by the light that was left on in JoJo's and Mouse's bedroom.  I went in to turn it off as I've done so many, many times before.  I crossed the room to shut off their radio and open the curtains, and it hit me.  I love my boys so much.  Sometimes the amount of love I feel for them overwhelms me and I can't help but smile.  Even when they leave their lights on and the radio is still singing away.  Even when the dirty clothes are anywhere but the laundry basket.  Even when their room smells like BOY.  Dirty...sweaty.  And I love it.

 And then there's Bud.  That boy is growing up so fast.  I think he's taller than me now.  It makes it strange when I have to discipline him.  I had to the other day and I almost started laughing at the oddity of it.  Guess I'll have to start sitting him down from now on.  So much of the time, though, he is a joy.  He makes me so proud!  More and more of his decisions are showing thought and consideration for others.  Less and less are self-centered.  He babysat his brothers the other day while Hubby and I went to see a high school production of Phantom of the Opera (excellent, by the way).  I was terribly nervous, but he did well.  I guess I knew he would, but a mother's mind can get away from her sometimes and start to think the worst.  He remembered our rules and cared for his brothers.  What more could I ask for?   I'm not ready to leave them home alone in the evening though.  It's different. 

The overpowering sense of pride and love for my boys makes it all worth it.  All the worrying, all the frustration, all the disappointment.  That is all so little, so temporary in the scheme of things.  They are good boys.  They know that Jesus died for them and that every one of their sins is forgiven.  They are my most precious gifts from Heaven.  And I'm thankful I can call them my sons.  My Heavenly Father lavishes me with His grace.

4 comments:

  1. I have goosebumps! Our children are definitely our greatest gifts from our Heavenly Father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You make me look forward to these days! (and that is no small thing!)
    I'm filing away that tip about sitting the tall ones down first- hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys are so easy to love...even if their rooms are stinky! lol! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you, Mama, for loving your boys enough to discipline and teach them from little on through young manhood.

    ReplyDelete