"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Stupid Days

How does it happen that we have days of stupidity?  Days when we do and say stupid things?  Not with malicious intent, but those stupid things happen none the less.  I sit quietly for a while, reflecting on my day so far and I find myself saying, "How could I have been so stupid?!"

I know to check my rearview mirror before backing up.  The long blast on a horn that is not mine tells me I made a stupid mistake.

I know that it is well after lunch.  The smirk on the clerk's face tells me my greeting of "Good morning" is not quite right.

I know I shouldn't try to sip my hot coffee while accelerating.  The slosh up my nose tells me I should have left my cup in the cup holder.

I  know how to respond politely to strangers.  Yet, because of my mind being elsewhere, I mutter a cool, "Yeah" to the cashier's "Have a nice day!"

I shake my head at myself.  I know, I know, I know....but I make mistakes.  I'm misunderstood.  I choose poorly.  When I'm feeling less reflective and more humorous, I might call them my "blonde moments."  I can laugh at myself.   Today I just wonder, why the Stupid Days?

No comments:

Post a Comment