"It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." J.R.R Tolkien

Monday, January 23, 2012

Gingerbread Coffee, oh my!

I can't believe I didn't share this earlier!  Of course, I have only, what, 3 posts so far?  Anyway...  This recipe I found on Allrecipes.com which I love.  I made this as Christmas gifts for several coffee lovin' friends and I must say, they were all very happy!  So, whip some up, stick it in the fridge and you'll have something warm and delicious to share with your coffee lovin' friends.

In a small bowl, mix together the following:
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp cinnamon
Cover and refrigerate it for at least 10 minutes.  Due to the baking soda, it will rise a bit so make sure you pick a bowl large enough to allow airspace.  A two-cup container should do.

When you are ready to serve it, fill your coffee mug about half way with hot coffee.  Add 1 Tbsp of the spice  mixture and stir until dissolved.  Add more coffee, half and half or cream to taste, then - for a special treat - top with whipped cream and sprinkle on some cloves.  Yum!  Store it in the fridge til you're ready to use it again.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum! This looks so good! What a great recipe! Thank you so much for visiting me! I think Pinterest is brilliant! Have a wonderful week!
    Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie! I feel so honored having you comment on my blog. I've been reading yours for a while and I just love it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Yum! I will have to try this sometime. Cozy, homey things in winter always warm the soul. (Thanks for stopping by. I replied to your comment too. :)

    ReplyDelete